The course will help students exhibit their skills in disease surveillance and management of disasters. It will also assist students understand the importance of working with appropriate teams and/or sectors in dealing with disasters.
Students should be able to demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills in Integrated
Disease Surveillance and disasters management.
1. Explain the process of integrated disease surveillance and response
2. Describe types of epidemics
3. Outline organisational framework during an epidemic
4. Describe types of disasters
5. Outline organisational framework for disaster management
6. Describe the stages of disaster management.
1. Identify cases and events of public Health importance
2. Report suspected cases or conditions or events of public Health importance
3. Analyze and interpret data on priority diseases and events
4. Investigate and confirm suspected cases, outbreaks or events
5. Monitor Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response implementation.
6. Monitor and evaluate Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response implementation
7. Manage epidemics
8. Identify types of disasters
9. Monitor the future and background trends in disaster management.
10. Conduct risk and vulnerability assessment following a disaster
11. Apply mitigation measures to alleviate the sufferings of the victims of a disaster
12. Manage disasters
No Reviews found for this course.